- Nano Urea, a fertilizer based on nanotechnology has been tested in many universities and is found to be successful, said Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai
IFFCO Nano Urea is the only Nano fertilizer approved by the Government of India and included in the Fertilizer Control Order (FCO).
- It is developed and Patented by IFFCO.
- Application of 1 bottle of Nano Urea can effectively replace at least 1 bag of Urea.
- It has been tested on more than 90 crops across 11,000 locations in collaboration with ICAR- KVKs, Research Institutes, State Agriculture Universities and progressive farmers of India.
- When sprayed on leaves, Nano Urea easily enters through stomata and other openings and is assimilated by the plant cells. It is easily distributed through the phloem from source to sink inside the plant as per its need. Unutilized nitrogen is stored in the plant vacuole and is slowly released for proper growth and development of the plant.
- Small size (20-50 nm) of Nano Urea increases its availability to crop by more than 80%.
- It effectively fulfills crop nitrogen requirement, increases leaf photosynthesis, root biomass, effective tillers & branches.
- Enhances Farmer’s income by an increase in crop productivity and reduction in input cost.
- Because of higher efficiency, it can reduce the requirement of conventional Urea by 50 % or more.
- Farmers can easily store or handle one bottle (500 ml) of Nano Urea.
It helps conserve soil, air and water quality.
Source: THE HINDU