Indian Air Force to Participate in Bilateral Exercise hosted by Malaysia
- A contingent of the Indian Air Force left for Malaysia today to participate in a bilateral exercise named ‘Udarashakti’.
- Indian Air Force is participating in the air exercise with Su-30 MKI and C-17 aircraft while the RMAF will be flying Su 30 MKM aircraft.
“Cyber Pravah” Newsletter of Indian Cyber Crime Coordination Centre (I4C)
- Quarterly Newsletter – “CyberPravah”, covers information related to the various initiatives taken by I4C, MHA and States/UTs during the 2nd quarter (from April-June,2022) of the year in order to tackle cybercrime.
- It includes cybercrime trends/patterns, statistics, facilities created by I4C, platforms for reporting and addressing cybercrimes to make all stakeholders aware and to provide assistance in the area of cybercrime prevention, detection and investigation.
- It also aims to create awareness about recent developments in the field of cybercrimes and cybercrime terminology.
- The I4C was set up under the CIS Division in 2018, as an Agency for coordinating at the Central level and to support States/UTs by providing a common framework in their fight against cybercrimes.
- I4C is also spreading mass awareness through various social media handles in the name of ‘CyberDost’ by providing cyber safety tips at frequent intervals for the public.
India ranks globally 3rd in Start-Up ecosystem and also in terms of number of Unicorns
- India ranks globally 3rd in Start-Up ecosystem and also in terms of number of Unicorns. There are currently 105 unicorns, out of which 44 were born in 2021 and 19 in 2022.
- India has increased the Gross Expenditure on R&D (GERD) more than three times in the last few years.
- India occupies 3rd rank in terms of number of PhDs awarded in Science and Engineering (S&E) after the USA and China.
- India’s start-ups today are not limited to only metros or big cities since 49 per cent of the start-ups are from tier-2 and tier-3 cities.
- India has created a massive jump in its global ranking of Global Innovation Index (GII) from 81st in the year 2015 to 46th in 2021 among 130 economies of the world.
- India ranks 2nd among 34 lower middle-income economies and 1st among 10 Central and Southern Asian economies in terms of GII.
- Under the SMILE-75 initiative, seventy five (75) Municipal Corporations in collaboration with NGOs and other stakeholders will cover several comprehensive welfare measures for persons who are engaged in the act of begging with focus extensively on rehabilitation, provision of medical facilities, counselling, awareness, education, skill development, economic linkages and convergence with other Government welfare programmes etc.
- Through this project, the Government envisions to develop a support mechanism for holistic rehabilitation of those engaged in the act of begging and build an India where no person is forced to beg in order to survive and fulfil their basic needs.