Enhancement of Capabilities of AI Technology
- As per the recommendation of a task force set up by Department of Defence Production (DDP) under the Chairmanship of Shri N Chandrasekaran, Chairman Tata Sons, and in consultation with all stakeholders.
- Defence Artificial Intelligence Council (DAIC) has been set up under the Chairmanship of Raksha Mantri to provide necessary guidance and structural support.
- Further, Defence AI Project Agency (DAIPA) has been created under the Chairmanship of Secretary DDP for enabling AI based processes in defence Organisations.
- Government has started the following programs to develop the skill set of the youth and to train them in Artificial Intelligence.
- DRDO has three dedicated laboratories, Centre for Artificial Intelligence and Robotics (CAIR), Bengaluru and DRDO Young Scientist Laboratory (DYSL)-AI and DYST-CT (Cognitive Technology) for application orientated research in AI in different domains.
- CAIR is nurturing start-ups & also conducting workshops for DRDO scientists to create skill sets on AI in Defence Systems.
- Defence Institute of Advanced Technology (DIAT) is conducting Certified courses in AI & Machine Learning and so far, more than 1000 professionals have been trained in these domains.
- AI is also promoted in academia and industry through R&D projects under Defence Industry Academia Centre of Excellences, Extramural Research and Technology Development Fund schemes of DRDO.
- DDP has earmarked Rs 100 crore per year for AI projects for Armed Forces.
- IAF has established the Unit for Digitization Automation, AI an App Networking (UDAAN) which is in the process of developing many applications for Campaign Planning and Analysis System, e-Nirikshan etc.
Indian and French Navies Exercise in The Atlantic
- INS Tarkash, on her long-range overseas deployment, conducted a Maritime Partnership Exercise (MPX) with French Naval Ships in the North Atlantic Ocean on 29 and 30 July 2022.
- This was followed by joint air operations with the maritime surveillance aircraft Falcon 50 participating in multiple simulated missile engagements and air defence drills.
Nagar Van Yojana
- The Pilot Scheme of Nagar Van Yojana (NVY) envisages developing 400 Nagar Vans and 200 Nagar Vatikas in the country during the period of 2020-21 to 2024-25.
- Its objective is to significantly enhance the tree outside forests and green cover, enhancement of biodiversity and ecological benefits to the urban and peri-urban areas apart from improving quality of life of city dwellers.
- The funding will be taken from the national funds under Compensatory Afforestation Fund Management and Planning Authority (CAMPA).
Various communication and outreach initiatives to spread financial and tax literacy awareness among masses
- In order to spread tax literacy among children two Board games, one 3D Puzzle game and three Digital Comics have been launched, the Minister stated. The details, aims and objectives are:
- · Snakes, Ladders and Taxes: This Board game introduces good and bad habits in respect of tax events and financial transactions among the players through the well-established game pattern of snakes and ladders. The game is simple, intuitive and educational with good habits being rewarded instantaneously and bad habits being penalized instantly.
- · Building India: This collaborative game introduces the concept of importance of paying taxes through the use of 50 memory cards based on infrastructure and social projects. The game, just like taxation, is collaborative in nature and not competitive wherein every player tries to do their best so that everyone can win together. The better everyone uses their memory, the happier the country remains.
- · 3D Puzzle: This game consists of 30 pieces, which when connected together create a 3- dimensional structure. Each piece contains important information on various concepts and terms pertaining to Direct taxes. The game uses a 3-dimensional model to intuitively teach about income and taxes. The underlying theme is that a nation’s infrastructure is built on a foundation of taxes.
- Digital Comic Books – The Income tax Department has collaborated with Motu Patlu characters of Lot Pot comics to spread awareness about concepts of income and taxation among children and young adults. Three Digital comics in this series have been launched by Department
For more updates, Click Here