PIB Analysis 05-11-22
Grievance Redressal Index
- The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has been again placed at the top amongst all Group A Ministries, Departments and Autonomous Bodies for resolving public grievances in the rankings report published by Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG) for the month of October 2022.
- This is the third month in a row when UIDAI has topped the rankings.
- In order to further enhance residents’ experience, UIDAI has also launched its new AI/ML based Chatbot, Aadhaar Mitra.
- The new Chatbot comes with enhanced features like – check Aadhaar enrollment/update status, tracking of Aadhaar PVC card status, information on enrollment centre location etc.
Make II projects
- Make II projects are essentially Industry funded projects involving design, development and innovative solutions by Indian vendors for development of prototypes.
- An assurance of order is given after successful prototype development.
- Indian Army has now approved Project Sanction Orders (PSOs) of five Make II projects.
Following are the projects whose PSOs have been approved:
High Frequency Man Packed Software Defined Radio (HFSDR):
- State of the art, light weight HFSDR will provide long distance radio communication through enhanced data capability and band width coupled with enhanced security.
- 300 HFSDRs are planned to be procured by the Indian Army, on successful development of the prototype.
Drone Kill System:
- Drone Kill System is a hard kill anti drone system against low Radio Cross Section (RCS) Drone/ unmanned Aerial System (UAS), being developed to function in all types of terrains, both during day and night.
Infantry Training Weapon Simulator (IWTS):
- The IWTS is the first tri service Make II project with the Indian Army as the lead service. The project is reserved for MSMEs/ Start ups.
- IWTS will be utilised to augment marksmanship skills of young soldiers on variety of weapons used by the , providing user friendly graphics to simulate battle scenarios.
- IWTS is a modern training aid, which will reduce recurrent expenditures on live ammunition, besides obviating the challenges of availability of firing ranges and inclement weather.
- Each IWTS will facilitate training of 10 personnel at any one point of time.
155mm Terminally Guided Munitions (TGM):
- Project Sanction Order has been issued to six Developing Agencies (DAs) for development of 155 mm Terminally Guided Munition (TGM) under Make II scheme.
- TGM are highly effective against High Value Targets with assured Precision and Lethality for mission accomplishment and minimum collateral damage.
Medium Range Precision Kill System (MRPKS):
- The Medium Range Precision Kill System (MRPKS), once launched can ‘Loiter’ in the air for upto two hours and can acquire, designate and engage real time high value targets upto 40 km.