PIB Analysis 25-02-23
- “Jaipur declaration” outlines an actionable agenda for UIC to explore innovative approaches that can help global Railway organizations achieve their long-term goal of safety and security.
- The declaration highlighted the commitment of UIC to work towards providing a more safe and secure rail network across the globe, by also fully activating the Asia-Pacific, Latin America and African regional assemblies by 2025.
- The 18th UIC World Security Congress is jointly organized by Railway Protection Force (RPF) and the International Union of Railways (UIC).
- The theme of the congress is “Railway Security Strategy: Responses and Vision for Future.”
- The conference brought together experts, stakeholders, and delegates from around the world to discuss the latest developments and best practices in railway security.
- Initiatives of Railway Protection Force for enhancing passenger security in India include Operation Nanhe Farishte for rescue of children and Operation AAHT for rescuing women and children from the clutches of traffickers.
Indo-French Workshop on Clean and Sustainable Energy Technologies (INFINITE)
- Indo-French Workshop on Clean and Sustainable Energy Technologies (INFINITE) was held at CSIR – National Physical Laboratory in New Delhi.
- Indian renewable sector ranks 4th on the list of the world’s most attractive renewable energy sectors.
- Government in 2022 had set a target of installing 100 GW of solar energy and India is estimated to generate up to 2,100 GW of solar energy.