Ministry of Power celebrates “Ujjwal Bharat Ujjwal Bhavishya – Power @2047” as part of Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav
- Ministry of Power and New & Renewable Energy, Government of India is celebrating “Ujjwal Bharat Ujjwal Bhavishya – Power @2047” initiative of the Government of India under “Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav” (AKAM) from 25th to 30th July 2022 across the Nation in association with all Power CPSEs and State DISCOMs.
- The event will showcase the achievements in Power and Renewable Energy Sectors to the public, both from National and State perspectives, and also the vision of India in these sectors for 2047 when India completes 100 years of Independence.
Mission to draw foreign students for studying in India
- Ministry of Education (MOE) launched Study in India Programme on 18.04.2018 with the aim of attracting foreign students to Indian higher educational institutions (HEIs) through systematic brand building, marketing, social media and digital marketing campaigns.
- The programmme involves partnership with 160 plus select Indian institutes/universities (based on NIRF Ranking and NAAC grading).
- A centralized admission web-portal (https://studyinindia.gov.in) acts as a single window for the admission of foreign students under Study in India.
- An examination named PRAGATII (Performance Rating of Applicants through Global Aptitude Test for Indian Institutions) is conducted to offer Study in India Scholarships to meritorious students.
- Though students from all over the world can apply under this flagship programme, the focus is on 48 target countries across South-East Asia, Middle East and Africa.