PM GatiShakti National Master Plan – “An impetus to Power Infrastructure Development”
- PM GatiShakti-National Master Plan (NMP): Launched in October 2021.
- Objective: To bring different Ministries/ Utilities & infrastructure planning under a single unified vision, across all sectors such as Highways, Railways, Aviation, Gas, Power transmission, Renewable Energy etc.
- One-click Comprehensive view: Part of NMP portal.
- To steer and simplify the planning & implementation process by reduction of time and cost of implementation in Power transmission projects. It would also aid in improving logistics efficiency through single digital platform & multi-modal portal.
- NMP portal shall play critical role in Planning, Tendering, Implementation and Approval stages.
- At Planning Stage: User shall identify the tentative line length of the planned transmission line and location of the substation(s).
- At Tendering stage: The survey agency will utilize the portal for identifying the best techno-economical route.
- At Implementation stage: Finalization of the transmission line route and location of substation shall be done, based on actual conditions.
- At Approval Stage: Will be given through single window clearance.
- Power transmission has been an enabler in the Renewable Energy story and various key Power projects are enabling RE evacuation across country.
- Ministry of Power has undertaken 9 High Impact Power projects (10 no. of transmission lines) spanning over 6 RE rich States Viz. Rajasthan, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu. These were mapped in the portal.
- Entire “existing” Inter State Transmission System (ISTS) lines have been mapped on the portal.
- PM GatiShakti NMP portal will ultimately aid in solving problems of development of infrastructures in the country by building secure, sustainable, scalable and collaborative approach towards infrastructure planning for seamless connectivity to economic zones.
Source The Hindu
For more updates, Click Here