Power System Operation Corporation Limited (POSOCO)
• National Grid operator Power System Operation Corporation Limited (POSOCO) is organizing a two-week training program on ‘Power System Modelling and Simulation’ from 18th to 29th April 2022.
• The training program is being attended by participants from Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal and Sri Lanka at New Delhi.
• Power System Operation Corporation Limited (POSOCO) is a CPSE that is under the Ministry of Power’s jurisdiction. It is in charge of monitoring and ensuring the reliable, efficient, and secure operation of the Indian Power System around the clock, which is a mission-critical job. The National Load Despatch Centre (NLDC) and five Regional Load Despatch Centres (RLDCs) make up the system (NLDC).
• POSOCO has taken over the load despatch functions that were previously performed by PGCIL.
• The organization’s vision is to be a global centre of excellence for reliable and resilient power systems, efficient energy markets, and economic and environmental sustainability.
Source: THE HINDU.