• In a move aimed at providing a global platform for millet products, the Agricultural & Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) launched a variety of millet products for all age groups at affordable prices ranging from Rs 5 to Rs 15 at the AAHAR food fair, which is Asia’s biggest B2B international food and hospitality fair.
• The Government of India formed the Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) under the Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority Act, 1985.
• The Ministry of Commerce and Industry is in charge of it. The Authority’s headquarters is located in New Delhi.
• APEDA offers a full range of export services and connects Indian exporters with the worldwide market. It also offers referral services and makes recommendations for potential joint venture partners.
• It has established a presence in practically all of India’s agri-potential states, providing services to the agri-exporting sector.
• The United States, the United Arab Emirates, Vietnam, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Iran, and Nepal are the top importers of Indian food.
What are the latest products?
• All the millet products launched by APEDA are gluten-free, 100% natural and patented.
• The launched products are cream biscuits, salt biscuits, milk biscuits, ragi peanut butter, jowar peanut butter, jowar upma, pongal, khichadi and millet malts (jowar, ragi, bajra).
• APEDA also launched a variety of “Millet in Minutes” products under the category of Ready-to-Eat (RTE) such as Upma, Pongal, Khichadi, Noodles, Biryani, etc, which is a breakthrough in the food sector as it’s the first RTE millet product in the market to cater fast-paced world at their convenience in a healthy way.
Source: THE HINDU.
For more update, click here to join our telegram channel