The Union Health Minister recently revealed that the Centre’s telemedicine application, eSanjeevani, has witnessed an astounding 14,17,81,384 teleconsultations.
What is E-Sanjeevani?
- e-Sanjeevani comprises of two vital components: eSanjeevani AB-HWC (Ayushman Bharat Health and Wellness Centres) and eSanjeevani OPD (out-patient department).
- It fosters seamless connectivity between doctors and patients across the nation.
- Launched during the first lockdown in April 2020, it was developed by the Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC), Mohali.
- It operates under the aegis of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW), Government of India.
- Notably, it offers free consultations to every Indian citizen, striving to bridge the healthcare accessibility gap.
- The platform also generates electronic prescriptions, empowering patients to procure medicines effortlessly.
- Remarkably, Andhra Pradesh pioneered eSanjeevani AB-HWC services back in November 2019.
- Telemedicine plays a vital role during pandemics and outbreaks by minimizing physical interactions and thereby reducing the risk of contagion.
- It proves to be a boon for individuals struggling to secure adequate care options for children or elderly family members, offering a convenient and accessible alternative.
The potential benefits of telemedicine extend far beyond just convenience and efficiency; it has the power to reshape the very fabric of healthcare delivery in India. Empowering citizens with virtual medical care, eSanjeevani embodies the fusion of technology and humanity, promising a future where quality healthcare is within the reach of every Indian.