‘Roorkee Water Conclave 2022’
- Union Minister for Jal Shakti Shri Gajendra Singh Shekhawat inaugurated the 2nd edition of the ‘Roorkee Water Conclave’ at IIT, Roorkee and addressed the conference in virtual mode.
- The Conclave is being jointly organised from 2nd March to 4th March 2022 by Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee and National Institute of Hydrology.
- Focusing on the theme, ‘Water Security for Sustainable Development’, this year’s Conclave would focus upon understanding water security and its multiple facets underpinning sustainable water resource management as a key component of social development.
- These efforts along with Integrated Ganga Rejuvenation Mission will prove to be effective in maintaining the ecological flow of river Ganga thereby ensuring the sustainable development of the environment through improving the quality of the water.
- National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) has set up an exhibition at the Conclave till 7th March 2022, in which various aspects related to River Ganga and its conservation and rejuvenation efforts are showcased.
About the National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG):
- It was registered as a society on 12th August 2011 under the Societies Registration Act 1860.
- It acted as the implementation arm of National Ganga River Basin Authority(NGRBA) which was constituted under the provision of the EPA Act, 1986.
Source: THE HINDU.